1. christian radio stations 2. my warm house because it's cold outside 3. pumpkin pie 4. prayers aren't totally answered yet, but I KNOW GOD IS WORKING! 5. the verse that says, "Get thee behind me satan"
1. church family 2. scentsy smell "christmas cottage" 3. a clean fish tank 4. my parents 5. the freedom to go to a store and buy a bible 6. grandmother in love is in good spirits 7. my health is good 8. vacume cleaners 9. creativity 10. my craft supplies 11. being able to just get in the car and go when I need to 12. a warm bed 13. my nieces and nephews 14. long time friends
1. comment moderation on blogger. It's a shame that I have this blog that I use to uplift the Lord and links to those dumb Asian porn sites show up in the comments all the time. If it wasn't for that, I would just let comments show up as they are posted. 2. The Holy Spirit. 3. homemade cheesecake 4. being able to take care of sick people (and their families) 5. my husband
1. The ability to take care of people (even when body fluids are involved) ;) 2. My dog willingly came in tonight without me having to drag her in. 3. Leftovers. 4. Direction from the Lord. 5. Time off with my husband.
This is longer than normal. I've been feeling a little down today. I just needed to take an extra look at what I have. This is what I came up with. Maybe not exactly in this order, and some seem silly, but still very thankful for each.
Jesus (not enough words to describe Him. He's Wonderful. Puts up with me. Calms me. Loves me. Awesome. I know He's there.)
He speaks to me. Not audible but through His word
my husband (hard working, love him)
my parents (love them)
my sister (love her)
my health (ankle is better, no other major issues)
my dog (sweet little girl)
my in laws (caring, sweet, there when you need them but not there too much)
creativity (love to create; sew, scrapbook, crochet, draw, paint, build)
my house (shelter from the elements)
my car (it gets me where I need to go)
my friends (I've had some since kindergarten and still keep in touch)
my clothes (they fit and they're clean)
warm sunshine (felt good after being cooped up a couple days)
good food (love to eat)
chocolate (it stands alone)
church family (some are closer than blood family)
i have a job (some don't)
my craft supplies
i can walk, run (maybe not for a few more days, but i will), jump, talk, see, hear, feel
God keeps me grounded when I start to get a little flighty
joy in Him
good smells; april fresh downy, scented candles that smell like baked goods, black raspberry vanilla from b&b works, most foods while their cooking, flowers
my hair (it may not always look the way i want it to, but i have it and it grows fast. some have lost their hair because of cancer or accidents)
my favorite foods; corndogs, chocolate, cookies and milk, grapefruit, biscuits, grilled stuff, baked potatoes
I live in America, even though it has a lot of problems, it's still one of the better places to live.
1. my vaccume cleaner 2. an empty sink 3. the smell of April Fresh Downy 4. Rooms without clutter (2 left to go, then the basement *frown*) 5. new iron, even though I'm a little disappointed that the other one messed up. I know I didn't use it enough to wear it out.
1. The day with my husband yesterday. 2. My warm bed. (even though it's 3am now and had to get out of it because I couldn't breath) 3. A clean house. 4. New shoes that hopefully won't hurt my feet. 5. Fresh, cold water.
1. peace-no worries 2. forgiveness-i think i mess up every day 3. love-i like getting it and giving it 4. patience-i need more of it 5. chocolate on chocolate birthday cake-i'm always thankful for some type of food :P
1. that nice neighbor who cleared the fresh 10 inches of snow from our driveway today 2. snow boots 3. my dog's bladder control medicine (yes, that says what you thought it says) 4. a warm shower in my own bathroom 5. i'm home and not somewhere else
1. homemade soup 2. organization 3. lotion for dishpan hands (black raspberry vanilla lotion to be more specific) 4. the driveway is clear now (after some backbreaking shoveling) 5. God's mercy and forgivness
My last post was supposed to go on one of my other blogs. On to being thankful...
1. Free time with my husband this week. 2. Making a decision and feeling like I made the right one. 3. Hearing the Lord speak to me. 4. Having goals to work toward. 5. Having a warm home when it's cold outside.
It was rough on the treadmill this morning. I had a hard time with the run. I did exactly 3 miles and it took 40 minutes. The pushups felt hard too. I barely did 4. I haven't been sleeping very good and I think thats part of the problem, I'm just tired. I've been in the process of cleaning the basement up and getting my workout area straight. I'll try to show pics when I'm finished. It might take a couple more weeks of off and on work though.
This is my daily delight diary. My goal is to post at least 5 things that make me happy or things I am thankful for each day I log onto blogger. No matter what kind of a day I'm having, this is my reminder that I am blessed.
A pastor, a teacher and a coworker inspired this idea. Several years ago my pastor preached a message titled, "It Could Always Be Worse." The sermon talked about how no matter what your going through God can get you through it and you can almost always look around and see someone going through a tougher time than you. The teacher was my psychology teacher about a year ago. He said that one way to keep your mind sharp is to reflect on your entire day before going to bed, and write down the best and worst thing that happened. Lastly my coworker talked about keeping a gratitude journal of things she was thankful for and writing in it each day.